Monday, 12 April 2010

Quick update, have to get back to work...

The sun is shining but I am stuck in my studio/office working on a poster for Cannes, so no Garden jobs for me today. Apparently my 6yr old niece noticed one of my magazine covers in WHSmiths the other day, she recognised my style of work without having seen the original (usually she sees my work before it goes to press, but she missed this one) and said 'that's one of uncle Sandy's, he's famous!' My number one fan (and harshest critic). Bless.

I managed to knock up another, smaller raised bed yesterday for the 'overflow' veg, as slightly more things have germinated than expected. It would seem that the best place to germinate seedlings in my garden is not in the greenhouse, nor in any of the array of expensive propagators, but under the anti-weed black plastic sheeting stuff (it has a proper name that slips my mind) that currently covers the area where my peas will be going. I lifted back a corner yesterday and there were huge things growing under there, they were all bigger and greener than any of the seedlings that I was actually trying to grow elsewhere. To add insult to injury they were untouched by slugs. Grrrrrr....

No comments:

Post a Comment